Getting the perfect shoe fit is something many people struggle with around the world. In shoe fitting more often than not we take wrong approach in knowing our sizes and end up buying shoes that are either too large or too small, There are remedies in such situations but no one should ever feel uncomfortable in their shoes.
To help you with this problem here are a few tips to get that perfect fit.
- Measurement time is important in getting a good shoe fit. Your feet are largest at the end of the day which makes it the best time to measure your feet.
- Select a shoe shaped like your feet. You shouldn’t be buying a Roman shaped shoe when you have a Greek feet.
- Don’t select shoes using the sizes marked inside the shoes, make sure it fit your feet. This applies when you’re in a store.
- Everyone has one foot larger than the other so make sure you check your shoe fit using the larger foot.
- When fitting make sure there is an half(1/2) inch space at the shoe tip for the large toe so it fit when you’re standing up. Always check by pressing your finger on the shoe tip.
- Make sure the ball of your foot fits perfectly in the widest part of the shoe which is the heel of the shoe. Also make sure there’s a minimum space for slipping on your shoes. This space should never be more than an inch because you wouldn’t want your shoe slipping up and down while walking.
- For wide feet opt for shoes with adjustable features like elastic and buckle. Also choose round tips over pointy tips.
- For narrow feet lace ups are great as well as shoes with pointy tips. Most especially for women.
- If you’re in a store make sure you walk in the shoes to determine if the fit is right. You should also make sure there’s maximum of an inch space for slipping on your shoe, too much space would be uncomfortable because the shoe would slip up and down while walking.
- Online shoppers should always make sure to check the sizes of the shoe you’re ordering against one you wear regularly, so as not to order wrongly
- Make sure you always check if the sizes are in UK, EUR or US. Use Next shoe size converters when converting sizes.
These tips should be your reference when next you’re shopping. Uncomfortable shoe end up damaging your feet, so why not get it right the first time. Happy shopping.
Looking for amazing shoes to make a statement at your next outing? Shop on Buybata
Curated by Adelani Samuel.